The University of Miami Libraries is pleased to announce the launch of the newly revised University of Miami Libraries Digital Collections website. The refreshed design includes enhanced zoom and resizing tools; sharing feature; re-organized introductory collection landing and browsing pages; and an easy-to use search and refine interface.
The digital repository includes over 70 digital collections with over 50,000 items that contain cross-searchable materials. These rich, searchable collections include sheet music, photographs, media, manuscripts, correspondence, interviews, books, periodicals and other textual materials. Many of these collections have substantial materials covering events and history within South Florida, Cuba, and the Caribbean.
Direct access to collection resources is found on the Library’s homepage. Access to the collections, as well as descriptions, finding aids, exhibits and associated resources are found on the collection ‘landing pages.’ From the landing pages you may go directly to the digital materials by clicking “Browse All” in the navigation menu or the title of the collection.
The following are popular collections on the Digital Collections site:
- The Miami Hurricane Archive Online
- University of Miami Historical Photographs http://merrick.library.miami.edu/digitalprojects/photographs.php
- Cuban Photograph Collections
- Cuban Historical & Literary Manuscripts Collection
- Michael L. Carlebach Photograph Collection
- Ralph M. Munroe Family Papers