The University of Miami Libraries is proud to announce the newly redesigned Music Library web site: http://library.miami.edu/musiclib/.
The new look and navigation is similar to that of the main libraries web site – http://library.miami.edu. The new site features more prominent search options providing quick, convenient access to core library information. Other features include quick links, a popular resources drop-down menu to frequently used services and resources, audience level pages to easily access library information important to all library patrons, and a fresh new look.
Highlights of the new redesigned site:
- Navigation bar – persists across site with links to popular resources and additional links in the drop down menus.
- Display of Today’s Hours for the Music Library. Click on the hour’s link to view hours for the rest of the week and a link to the other libraries.
- Ask-A-Librarian service and Comments link persists across the site.
- Accounts+ drop down menu offers quick links to log into services and audience level pages:
1. MyLibrary – to check for overdues, renew loans, manage hold requests, save searches, and more
2. Blackboard – to view and use electronic course reserves
3. ILLiad – to place and manage interlibrary loan requests
4. Aeon – to place and manage special collection material requests
5. MyUM – to access your personal UM portal page for a variety of services & information
(links to audience level guide pages providing an organized list of library resources and services of particular interest to a given audience.)
2. Graduate Student
Catalog is the default search tab. The tab offers a quick search of the Library Catalog. Select the type of search you want from the drop down menu.
Articles+ search tab uses the Summon search engine to search a significant portion of the Libraries licensed databases and journals, as well as materials from the library catalog and digital collection.
Databases search tab searches our subjects plus databases by name. You can connect directly to the database from the search result, or view the database record for more information about the resource. You can also browse an A-Z listing of database resources, as well as by subject and format.
Website search tab searches across all U M Libraries websites.
The image section behind the search tab box will display random images upon reload/refresh of the home page. This area will highlight different images from a variety of collections available at the Music Library. To see the whole image, without the search box, simply hover over the title on the lower right hand corner or you can click the title to see the actual image and the collection it is a part of.
The Resources area consists of three different sections: Popular Resources, Featured @ Weeks, and Quick Links. Each of these sections provides quick and easy access to the most popular/used resources and services available through the Music Library and beyond.
News & Events will display the top postings from the Libraries News & Events Blog for all libraries. Click on any of the titles, images, or the ‘News & Events’ title for additional information on any of news articles. You can scroll through the top postings by using the arrow keys.
The footer provides links to the University’s copyright and privacy statements, our report site issue form, support the libraries area, and icon links to stay in touch with the Music Library and the University Libraries using various social media tools, including Facebook and Twitter.