Several collections of successful Data Management Plans exist for your reference to be consulted before you write your own plan.
The California Digital Library
As a part of the DMP tool there is a hosted collection of public DMPs. This collection is mostly comprised of data management plans for the NSF, but there are several from the NEH and other independent agencies as well.
National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
In November of 2015 the NEH announced that it made a collection of successful Data Management Plans from 2011-2014 available as a zip file for download from its Freedom of Information Act library.
National Institute for Health Data Sharing Plans
- ICPSR Data Management Plan Resources and Examples (social science)
- DataONE DMP samples (earth and biological science)
- The IDCC collection of sample DMPS (a curated set of links to many disciplines)
- University of Arizona DMP Examples (for their research community)
- UCSD’s collection of sample NSF DMPs (from their research community)