If you’ve answered “yes”, you’ll want to participate in the UM Libraries 4th Annual Edible Books Festival. Prizes will be awarded for “Wittiest Pun”, “Most Edible“, and “Best in Show”. Entries will be displayed in the Richter Library lobby. Around 2pm, everyone will grab forks and “eat our own words”.
REGISTER by March 26th. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name (or team name with list of members), title of entry, and title of book inspiring entry (if applicable).
This celebrated event was initiated by book artist Judith A. Hoffberg in 1999, and quickly became an international sensation. The rules for participating in the contest are simple: your entry should relate to books and reading, and it has to be edible (sweet or savory, raw or cooked…it’s all good!). You can take inspiration from a poem, a beloved piece of cover art, manga, a famous author, a scroll…just use your imagination and your culinary skills!
- All UM students, faculty, or staff are invited to participate
- You can enter as an individual or as a team (i.e. roommates, departments, lab partners, etc.)
- Participants must register by March 26, 2013
- Entries must be primarily edible and must represent some sort of book qualities. It is up to the individual or team what constitutes a book.
- Entries should hold their shape while on display [about 2.5 hrs without refrigeration]
- Entries must be delivered to Richter Library Circulation on April1 by 11:30 am. You are welcome to display your book inspiration [or cover image] alongside your entry.
- Multiple entries allowed if space permits.
9:00am to 11:30am: Edible books entries accepted
Noon to 1pm: Public viewing and judging
1 to 1:30 pm: Votes counted and prizes awarded
1:30 to 2 pm: Entries eaten by participants and viewers
Search “edible books” on Flickr
Email email@example.com ; or contact Cristina Favretto, Head of Special Collections : 305-284-3247