Digital Media Lab Equipment Lending
To reserve equipment we require the following:
1. Create an account or Sign-in here to make an equipment reservation:
- Reservations must be made at least 2 hours in advance of the current time.
- Create an account to reserve the equipment if you don’t have one.
- Reservations can be no longer than 5 business days. Reservations can be extended only on the last day of the first reservation period.
- The person renting the equipment is required to return it.
- Patrons wishing to take equipment out for long periods must discuss with the lab.
- Late fees are $10 a day and any equipment not returned with 5 business days after
the due date will be charged in full to the patron.
- Patron is responsible for lost/damaged equipment.
2. Fill out and sign the equipment lending release form: Click Here
3. Email the form to email@example.com or come in person to fill out the form.
Equipment lending transactions are available
ONLY during Lab staff working hours.
5 days a week (Sunday – Friday only)
There is no check-out/in on Saturday
* If you plan to return equipment on the weekend we recommend you call first before you come (front desk 305-284-4722). Weekend staff might be available to check-in equipment, but not check-out.
Equipment & Kit Information
For further information on the Media Lab’s Equipment, click on the desired kit below:
- Canon PowerShot G10 Digital Still Camera
- Canon PowerShot G12 Digital Still Camera
- Canon EOS Rebel T5 DSLR Camera (with 18-55mm and 75-300mm Lenses Bundle)
- Go Pro Hero 4 Black Edition Cameras
- Canon Vixia HV30 HD Camcorder
- Canon Vixia HFM32 Digital HD Camcorder (Videography Kit)
- Canon 32GB VIXIA HF G20 Full HD Camcorder
- M-Audio Microtrack II Digital Audio Recorder
- Zoom H1 Handy Portable Digital Recorder
- Impact Studio Lighting
- Westcott uLite Softbox Lighting
- Azden Wireless Lavalier Microphone
- Westcott Green Screen
- Epson Multimedia Projector
- Epson Duet Ultra Portable Tripod Projector Screen
- WACOM – Bamboo Pen Tablet
The Lab also lends small equipment for a period of 3 hours:
- Microphone Headsets
- External DVD write/read drives
- SD & Memory Card readers
- USB and Firewire Cables
iMac & Mac Pro Workstations
- 16 dual-core, 20″, iMac Workstations
- 2 quad-core, Mac Pro Workstations
– Final Cut 7 and Avid is available on stations #6-7.
– Scanners are available on stations #1-3.
– 2 workstations are equipped with VCR/DVD players, 1 workstation is equipped with a cassette tape player, and one workstation is equipped with a vinyl record player for use in digital reformatting. We also have equipment to digitize miniDV.
– Workstations can be reserved for a period of 3 hours per day for up to 5 consecutive business days. Reservations can be extended only on the last day of the first reservation period.
– The lab also has a Toshiba flat screen tube TV with VHS/DVD combo with AV inputs and headphone jack.
Media Lab Software
The Media Lab is always trying to keep pace with ever changing software advances. Our software is all recent and often we have the latest updates available.
Apple iLife ’11
Adobe CC Master Collection
- Acrobat Pro
- After Effects
- Flash Professional
- Flash Video Encoder
- Media Encoder
Final Cut Studio 3
- Final Cut Pro 7
- DVD Studio Pro 4
- Soundtrack Pro 2
- Motion 3
- Compressor 3
Microsoft Office 2011
- Adobe AIR
- Assorted Adobe AIR Applications
- DivX Player
- EPSON Scan
- Fetch FTP Software
- Quicktime Player
- Real Player
- Toast Titanium
- VLC Media Player
- Windows Media Player