The lab has an array of multimedia equipment that can be checked out by current UM students and employees for both beginners and advanced users. You can ask our staff about what equipment would be right for your project.
Equipment & Kit Information
For further information on the Media Lab’s Equipment, click on the desired kit below:
Digital & Video Cameras
- Canon PowerShot G10 Digital Still Camera
- Canon PowerShot G12 Digital Still Camera
- Canon EOS Rebel T5 DSLR Camera (with 18-55mm and 75-300mm Lenses Bundle)
- Go Pro Hero 4 Black Edition Cameras
- Canon 32GB VIXIA HF G20 Full HD Camcorder
- M-Audio Microtrack II Digital Audio Recorder
- Zoom H1 Handy Portable Digital Recorder
- Azden Wireless Lavalier Microphone
Lighting and Green Screen Kits
- Epson Multimedia Projector with optional Epson Duet Ultra Portable Tripod Projector Screen
- WACOM – Bamboo Pen Tablet
The Lab also lends small equipment for a period of 3 hours: Headphones, Microphone Headsets, External DVD write/read drives, SD & Memory Card readers, USB and Firewire Cables
Lending Policies & Procedures
1. Create an account or Sign-in here to make an equipment reservation:
- Reservations must be made at least 2 hours in advance of the current time.
- Reservations can be no longer than 5 business days. Reservations can be extended only on the last day of the first reservation period. Patrons wishing to take equipment out for long periods must discuss with the lab.
2. Fill out and sign the equipment lending release form (this can also be done in person):Click Here
Equipment lending transactions are available
ONLY during Lab staff working hours.
5 days a week (Monday – Friday only)
- The person renting the equipment is required to return it.
- Late fees are $10 a day.
- Patron is responsible for lost/damaged equipment.
- Complete Policy (insert document here)
* If you need to return equipment on the weekend we recommend you call first before you come (front desk 305-284-4722). Weekend staff might be available to check-in equipment, but not check-out.