The media lab offers large and small format high-quality printing with Epson products on glossy and photo quality paper.
Large-Format High Quality Printing Prices:
- 24 inch roll – $0.50 per linear inch
- 44 inch roll – $0.75 per linear inch
- poster tube (optional) 26″ – $2.00/each
- poster tube (optional) 48″ – $4.00/each
Small-Format High Quality Printing Prices:
- 8.5 x 11 paper – $2.50 per sheet
- 11 x 17 paper – $5.00 per sheet
- 13 x 19 paper – $7.50 per sheet
NEW! 3D Printing
3D printing will be in beta launch during the 2015-2016 academic year on the high resolution Form1 printer from Formlabs. To learn more about this service, please visit our 3D printing website:
How To Order Your Print
- Fill out a Print Request form and submit it and your project as a high quality PDF
24 – 48 hours in advance to the Media Lab staff, either in person or via email to MediaLab@miami.edu
- All print orders must be sized by the patron to the desired dimensions
(Example: 22×44 inches)
- Pick up your print at the agreed time. Turn around time is 24-48 hours.
Poster Creation Tips
- Create your poster in the actual size you require.
- Use full size images (at least 100 dpi, but 300 dpi will look much better).
- If possible, avoid compressed formats, like jpg, which are more likely to lose quality.
- When using MS PowerPoint, turn on the Ruler option under Design-Page Setup to adjust the size of your slide.
- Save your final document as a PDF.
- Patrons are responsible for design of their posters. These includes creation of any graphics and text formatting.
- The printer can only be operated by Media Lab staff.
- Copyrighted, offensive, or pornographic images will not be printed.
- The printing service is only available Monday through Friday.
- All orders must be received 24 – 48 hours in advance.