Our Large Format Printer Service is currently off-line. Please email us if you would like notification when it is on-line again. email@example.com. Thank you.
The media lab offers large and small format high-quality printing with Epson products on glossy and photo quality paper.
Large-Format High Quality Printing Prices:
- 24 inch roll – $0.50 per linear inch
- 44 inch roll – $0.75 per linear inch
- poster tube (optional) 26″ – $2.00/each
- poster tube (optional) 48″ – $4.00/each
Small-Format High Quality Printing Prices:
- 8.5 x 11 paper – $2.50 per sheet
- 11 x 17 paper – $5.00 per sheet
- 13 x 19 paper – $7.50 per sheet
How To Order Your Print
- Fill out a Print Request form and submit it and your project as a high quality PDF
24 – 48 hours in advance to the Media Lab staff, either in person or via email to MediaLab@miami.edu
- All print orders must be sized by the patron to the desired dimensions
(Example: 22×44 inches)
- Pick up your print at the agreed time. Turn around time is 24-48 hours.
Poster Creation Tips
- Create your poster in the actual size you require.
- Use full size images (at least 100 dpi, but 300 dpi will look much better).
- If possible, avoid compressed formats, like jpg, which are more likely to lose quality.
- When using MS PowerPoint, turn on the Ruler option under Design-Page Setup to adjust the size of your slide.
- Save your final document as a PDF.
- Patrons are responsible for the design of their posters. This includes creation of any graphics and text formatting.
- The printer can only be operated by the Digital Media Lab staff.
- Copyrighted, offensive, or pornographic images will not be printed.
- The printing service is only available Monday through Friday.
- All orders must be received 24 – 48 hours in advance.
- Group orders (10 or more files) must be received 7 days in advance.
Our 3D printing service beta run has concluded. We will be assessing our service and relaunching 3D printing opportunities at DML in the Fall 2016. Thank you for helping us learn more about 3D printing.