As a dynamic and integral part of the academic scholarly enterprise, the University of Miami Libraries are central to the University’s mission to educate and nurture students, to create knowledge, and to provide service to our community and beyond. The Libraries seek to provide high quality information services, instruction, and resources to our primary clientele: the students, faculty, researchers, and staff of the University of Miami.
With this aim in mind, the Libraries welcome and accommodate advances and innovations in information technology and scholarly communication to ensure that our users can locate and use global information resources in all formats.
The University of Miami Libraries exists to serve, support, and enhance the teaching, learning and research needs of the University community by:
- Providing our user community with a place for group discourse, personal reflection, discovery, and study.
- Teaching users research skills that will encourage and support critical thinking and lifelong learning.
- Developing and delivering collections, services, and resources to the University community.
- Maximizing digital technologies and developing networked resources to enhance teaching, learning, and services.
- Recruiting, developing, and retaining a diverse, exceptional faculty and staff committed to the achievement of the Libraries Mission.
- Creating an exemplary program of library outreach to the University community