To place items on reserve for a course, instructors must submit a reserve request each semester that course is taught (even if the materials being used are the same each semester). Requests should be submitted as soon as is possible. Requests will be processed in the order they are received. Please allow up to 2 weeks for processing of reserve requests that include audio materials.
Instructors may submit requests for course reserves in three ways:
- Complete a Course Reserves Request Form for each course and submit the completed forms to the Circulation Desk at Weeks Music Library along with the accompanying Course Reserves materials.
- Submit an email request to Nancy Zavac, Head of the Music Library (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Amy Strickland, Assistant Head of the Music Library (email@example.com).
- If the request is only for reserve recordings that you wish to stream on Blackboard (no print materials), you may submit an email request to Amy Strickland (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Requests should include the following information:
- Instructor name
- Course number and section
- Call numbers for requested items owned by the library
- Full bibliographic citations (Composer/ Artist, Title) for recordings
To ensure accurate and timely processing of reserve requests, please include a copy of the course syllabus with each request.
To place items located in Richter Library on reserve, or for electronic reserves (articles and book chapters), click here.