The University of Miami Libraries offer paging services for the circulating collections held in the Richter, Architecture, Business, Music, and RSMAS libraries, as well as materials housed in our storage facilities,Brockway Hall and the Off-Campus Shelving Facility.
Request Library Materials / Place a Hold
- UM Faculty, Students and staff should request materials using the “Request” function in the Library Catalog. This will place a hold on the item, preventing others from checking it out.
- You can “freeze” your hold If you are unable to check it out right away (e.g. if you will be away on vacation or sabbatical). This will leave your name in the hold queue, but allow others to check out the item. When you are ready to borrow the item, you can ‘unfreeze‘ your hold, which will put your name back at the top of the borrowing queue.
- To “freeze” a hold: log into your MyLibrary account, select View Holds, then place a check in the “Freeze Hold” column of the item hold(s) you want to freeze. When you are ready to ‘unfreeze’ the hold, simply remove the check in the same column.
Delivery of Materials from Circulating Collections
University faculty, students and staff may page most items from the circulating collections of the Richter, Architecture, Business, Music, and RSMAS libraries. Paged items can be delivered to any of these libraries and circulate according to the normal borrowing policies established for each patron type. Delivery of material usually takes 24-48 hours. Deliveries do not occur on the weekends and holidays.
Delivery of Materials from UM Library Storage Facilities
Library storage facilities are closed to the public. Materials housed in Brockway Hall and the Off-Campus Shelving Facility will be paged and delivered for pickup at the Richter, Architecture, Business, Music, and RSMAS libraries.. Materials from these collections are loaned according to the normal borrowing policies established for each patron type.
Brockway Hall Storage Facility
- Contains some books in non-Roman languages [e.g. Cyrillic, Hebrew, Arabic] and selected low-use books from the circulating collection.
- Request Brockway material using the “Request” function in the Library Catalog.
- Most material requested is delivered within 24 hours
- Contains bound journals through 1979; government documents through 1976; selected low-use books; theses; and some non-Roman alphabet monographs
- Request OCSF material using the “Request” function in the Library Catalog.
- Most material requested is delivered within 48 hours
Delivery of Materials from the Medical or Law Library
Materials from the Medical and Law Libraries must be borrowed directly from those libraries and are not available for paging and delivery service. Please consult the Medical Library Catalog and Law Library Catalog to determine availability of materials within their respective collections.