*NOTICE: The Digital Media Lab is currently in the process of creating a pricing policy for the 2017-2018 school year, due to our acquisition of new Ultimaker 3D printers over the summer. Our policy will be updated at the beginning of the Fall semester (August 21st).
The 3D printing service at the Digital Media Lab is open to all current students and employees of the University of Miami. We are currently have M3D printers and Ultimaker 3 printers with PLA filament.
Call or email to schedule a consultation time to review your project with us. At this time we will give you a price and time estimate. Prices are based on printing time and printer model. Printing resolution will effect the amount of time an object takes to print. Please allow 2 weeks for turn-around time. Best price and turn-around time estimates will be given at time of print request.
- M3D Printer – $1/HR to print
- Ultimaker 3 – $2/HR to print
- If error/misprint on first run: no charge
- if model or file error, will contact with patron to modify file before reprinting
- If error/misprint on 2nd run:
- if DML error, will try to reprint
- if model error, charge and ask patron to modify print
M3D Print Area
- Base print area: 113mm x 109mm x 74mm h
- Print area above: 91mm x 84mm x 42mm h
Ultimaker 3 Print Area
- Single Extrusion: 215mm x 215mm x 200mm
- 8.5×8.5×7.9 inches
- Dual Extrusion: 197mm x 215mm x 200mm
- 7.8×8.5×7.9 inches
- Make an appointment 7 days in advance. Print times depend on number and size of objects being printed as well as time in the semester.
- Patrons are responsible for design of their prints.
- Print orders are reviewed prior to printing.
- DML reserves the right to refuse a print request.
We offer class demonstrations of the 3D printers and an on site tour.