The lab has an array of multimedia equipment that can be checked out by current UM students and employees for both beginners and advanced users. You can ask our staff about what equipment would be right for your project.
Equipment & Kit Information
For further information on the Media Lab’s Equipment, click on the desired kit below:
Digital & Video Cameras
- Canon G7x point and shoot camera
- Canon EOS Rebel T5 DSLR Camera (with 18-55mm and 75-300mm Lenses Bundle)
- Canon EOS Rebel T7i DSLR Camera (with 18-55mm lens)
- Go Pro Hero 4 Black Edition Cameras
- Canon 32GB VIXIA HF G20 Full HD Camcorder
- 360 fly 4k camera
- Zoom H1 Handy Portable Digital Recorder
- Tascam DR-05 Audio Recorder
- Azden WMS-PRO VHF Wireless Lavalier Handheld Mic
- Azden WHD-Pro Wireless Audio Kit for DSLRs and Mobile
- Rode SmartLav+ Microphone Mobile Audio Recorder
- iRig Mic Field Mobile Audio Recorder
Lighting and Green Screen Kits
- Epson Multimedia Projector with optional Epson Duet Ultra Portable Tripod Projector Screen
- WACOM – Bamboo Pen Tablets
The Lab also lends small equipment for a period of 3 hours: Headphones, Microphone Headsets, External DVD write/read drives, SD & Memory Card readers, USB and Firewire Cables
Lending Policies & Procedures
1. Create an account or Sign-in here to make an equipment reservation:
- Reservations must be made at least 2 hours in advance of the current time.
- Reservations can be no longer than 5 business days. Reservations can be extended only on the last day of the first reservation period. Patrons wishing to take equipment out for long periods must discuss with the lab.
- Reservations not picked up within 24 hrs will be cancelled in order to allow other patrons to check out the equipment.
2. Fill out and sign the equipment lending release form (this can also be done in person):Click Here
Equipment lending transactions are available
ONLY during Lab staff working hours.
5 days a week (Monday – Friday only)
- The person renting the equipment is required to return it.
- Late fees are $10 a day.
- Patron is responsible for lost/damaged equipment.
- Complete Policy (insert document here)
* If you need to return equipment on the weekend we recommend you call first before you come (front desk 305-284-4722). Weekend staff might be available to check-in equipment, but not check-out.