- Copyright Resources
Guidance in complying with copyright and using materials according to Fair Use.
- Journal Rankings/ Impact Factors
Resources for evaluating the impact of journals.
- National Institutes of Health Public Access: Important News
For non-competing continuation grant awards with a start date of July 1, 2013 or beyond, NIH will delay processing of an award if publications arising from it are not in compliance with the NIH public access policy. For more information, see: http://publicaccess.nih.gov/.
- UM Calder Library Guide to NIH Public Access Policy
Help in understanding options in complying with this new policy for NIH grant funded research.
- UM Scholarly Repository
A resource for publishing and preserving the work of the UM community.
- UM Thesis Preparation & Submission
Information from the Graduate School about the theses and dissertations processes.
Open Access Initiatives
- Author’s Rights Initiative by SPARC
Provides information and resources to help authors retain rights to their work.
- Creative Commons Licenses
Information about protecting intellectual property in Open Access environments.
- NSF Data Management Plan
Explains NSF’s requirements for sharing and maintaining data from funded research.
- RoMEO/SHERPA Publisher Copyright Policies
Provides information about publishers’ policies and guidelines for making journal articles available in Open Access environments.